Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Apple to initiate shock torture on competitors, possibly waterboard


How the heck did I miss this story on Friday? I know I mostly cover mergers, FCPA, and other high powered litigation, but the IP world also generates its fair share of litigation in the e-Discovery Universe.
"Apple Inc. (AAPL) has filed a patent infringement and trademark lawsuit against iPod accessories maker Atico International USA Inc.
Apple is also expected to take legal action soon against Florida-based Psystar Ltd., which sells computers based on Apple's Macintosh software in violation, it's widely suspected, of Apple's software licensing terms.
In the Atico suit, Apple claims Atico's Living Solutions line-up infringes five Apple patents. The allegedly infringing devices include Atico's portable iPod speakers, an AM/FM portable boom box and an AM/FM alarm clock radio with iPod dock."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gabe: this is a terrific blog. We found you via the Posse List. We did not even know you were out there! Question: where do you get/find those great graphics?

Gabe Acevedo said...

I find random images on the web or do an image search. I never pass anything off as mine, and always try to credit the artist when I can. Most of the time, especially the cartoons, they will have their name or dot com site on them. I also find that most people encourage me to use their images to cross promote. If anyone had an issue, I would gladly remove whatever image they wanted. I have not encountered that though.