Wednesday, May 21, 2008

We have an answer from DC Bar President-Elect Candidate Kim Keenan, well an email at least...


"Dear Mr Acevedo
First let me apologize for taking so long to reply to your very thoughtful email. In my defense I wanted to provide you with the correct response. The DC bar is a mandatory bar so we are not authorized to address this issue.
However it would be appropriate to address your concerns to the Committee on unauthorized practice of law. You will find their information on the DC Court of Appeals website. I appreciate your interest and concern for this important issue.
Kim Keenan
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry"
They are not ALLOWED to address the issue? What are they allowed to speak about? How can I determine who I am going to vote for if they cannot speak about current trends in litigation?
Oh well, maybe I am barking up the wrong tree here and need to take this up with the committee on the unauthorized practice of law.

2 comments:

Dee said...

What a strange response! Help a clueless foreigner what does "mandatory bar" mean.

By the way Gabe I'm adding you to my blogroll. So much news all at once.

Anonymous said...

Ok, I am going to call BS on this. That is total crap, you weren't asking for her to derive a legal opinion, you were asking her thoughts. You mean to tell me she can't weigh in on the matter.

Take abortion, it is the law of the land. The DC Bar candidate may have an opinion on abortion one way or another, but stating that doesn't change the law.