Wednesday, May 21, 2008

By the way...




I have sent a follow up email to both DC Bar President-Elect candidates about this post regarding their opinion of the legal outsouring trend both here in this country and abroad. Since I had not heard from either of them in over a week, I thought a second email was appropiate.
I think we need to start getting our Bar leaders both locally and nationally to take a stand on this. Now that may very well be in favor of outsourcing, and that is ok, at least I would know where they were. What I don't like is how the outsourcing business is booming, while the leaders of our Bar organizations sit passively by and don't address the issue, when in my opinion, there are serious ethical questions concerning the practice of law that need to be addressed. I address more of that here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You need to find somebody who has a link to Steptoe. They wrote the infamous June 2005 decision and they wield all the power at the DC bar on licensed/non-licensed work, contract attorneys, outsourcing, etc. There is a powerful economic dynamic going on (has been going on) in DC. And there is a big issue going on right now about the procedure/validity of these "conflicts" checks for CAs. Gosh, what a fun town we all live in! It's worse than the sludge of the legal world in NYC, my old hometown. Charles Dickens was right!